I know it’s already January 6th, but I just realized that the past year completely deserves a recap! There were big changes, lots of traveling, and even a new ring on my left ring finger before the year ended 😉
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘https://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
- Went back to law school for my second semester…full of uncertainty about whether I enjoyed it.
- Started thinking about spending a few months in Europe…but didn’t want to go alone. I thought about doing an internship…but later, changed my mind.
- Changed my blog from WordPress to Blogger…I know, I know – normally it’s the other way around. So far, I’ve enjoyed Blogger though!
- Lost my sweet Aunt Nancy to ovarian cancer. Not a day goes by that I don’t think of her.
- Went on a Spring Break trip to Wilmington, NC with the love of my life…we had a wonderful time.
- PR’d at the VIFL 14k.
- Spent my 22nd birthday with friends at the Oceanfront – we rented a pink H2 stretch Hummer. First time for everything!
- Went to see Jason Aldean and Eric Church with one of my best friends.
- PR’d at the Shamrock Half Marathon with a time of 1:43!
- Spent St. Patty’s with my love…had too much fun. That’s why I rarely drink!
- Dropped out of law school. Looking back, it’s still the greatest decision I’ve ever made. I’m so much happier!
- Stayed up all night watching the Royal Wedding…dreaming about my future wedding 🙂
- Planned a European backpacking trip with Michael – my travel dreams came true!
- Ran the Flying Pirate Half Marathon with an injured foot (injured during Shamrock…because I just had to PR!)
- Celebrated Michael’s college graduation 🙂
- Bought our backpacks for our trip to Europe – exciting!
- Purchased our plane tickets…so thrilling, it was official!
- Went to see Dierks Bentley at the NorVa…it was the best concert ever.
- Had one last get-together with friends & family at M’s family’s annual pig pickin’…the night before we left for Europe!
- Spent the end of May in Ireland, visiting Dublin, Galway, and Cork.
- Arrived in The Netherlands to enjoy a few days in Amsterdam.
- From Amsterdam, we took a train to Germany – we stayed in Berlin for a few days, then headed south to Munich, where we visited Neuschwanstein Castle and ate dinner at the famed Hofbrauhaus.
- Spent a few days in Rome, Italy, where we spent time at The Vatican and searched for the best gelato and pizza. We also stopped in Pisa on our train ride out of Italy, where Michael took an epic photo of me with the leaning tower.
- Arrived in Nice, France…which we enjoyed way too much and decided to stay even longer. It was a nice mini-vacay from our backpacking trip. 🙂
- Went to Madrid, Spain for a few days. It was scorching hot, and we had a shower in our hotel room?
- Took a train from Madrid to Paris, where we spent a few days eating macaroons & crepes, and checking out the Eiffel Tower and Versailles.
- Took the second EuroStar (after missing our reservation) to London, where we both fell in love with the city. To this day, we both would love to live in London. I drink Earl Gray tea often, trying to make my life just a little more British 😉
- Returned home from the most amazing trip I’ve ever taken. With my favorite person ever.
- Went to the Harry Potter Midnight premiere…for the first and last time.
- Met James Wesley after I won meet & greet tickets to his show.
- Saw Dierks Bentley in concert again – on the HOTTEST day of the year. It was 114 degrees.
- Saw Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, and The Band Perry in concert with my dad for Father’s Day.
- Started the full-time job search….while I spent the summer working as a lifeguard for the 5th year in a row.
- Spent random days at the beach…
- Went to see Kenny Chesney in concert for like, the 10th time.
- Got my iPhone and retired the old Crackberry.
- Went to the beach & Kid Rock concert with one of my best friends. We both missed the earthquake that happened in VA that day…because we were laying on the sand at the beach.
- Spent the evening with one of my other best friends & her husband…which we rarely get the chance to do!
- Experienced Hurricane Irene…and a tree fell on our house. And we were without electricity for a week.
- Went to OBX for the week with the fam. First time we’ve taken a September vacation in years…because it was the first year I was out of school for good.
- Continued looking for jobs….landed an internship at a creative/marketing agency in the meantime.
- Saw Jason Aldean in concert again – twice in one year!
- Celebrated my lova’s birthday.
- Received a job offer! I thank God for this every day, seriously. So blessed.
- Started obsessively making Pinterest recipes…Blue Moon Cupcakes for my dad’s birthday!
- Spent time in Charlottesville picking apples and sightseeing in the mountains with the fam and my love.
- Met my new nephews…born one week apart (although I wasn’t officially an aunt at the time…little did I know M and I would be engaged soon!).
- Michael got a full-time job offer…in the same city that I work in!
- Had another Pinterest obsession – made Andes Mint Cupcakes for mom’s birthday.
- Booked my flight and hotel for Los Angeles – for a work trip. I love my job. 🙂
- Went Black Friday shopping for the first time ever. There were lots of crazies.
- Went to Raleigh with my love to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the 5th time in a row.
- Met my new cousin (finally, a girl!) 🙂
- Bought my first CAR!
- Got all of my Christmas shopping done early for once…maybe because I finally had a job and $ to buy gifts with? 🙂
- Went to the beach with my love to pick up a “gift” and ended up ENGAGED 🙂
- Spent the holidays showing of my new engagement ring.
I’d say that 2011 was overall a very exciting year for me (and Michael!). Looking back at all of the things that happened in 2011, I feel extremely blessed and fortunate. If there was one thing I could change about last year, I would choose to have my Aunt Nancy back. We all miss her every single day, and I wish she could be here to share all of the exciting things that are happening in our families lives right now. I know she’s looking down from Heaven though 🙂