This post has been sponsored by Bayer. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s hard to believe the holiday season is just around the corner. It seems like it just happened, yet somehow a year has almost flown by and here we are again! With this busy time of year comes a lot more exhaustion, which can lead to not feeling our best. That’s why I keep a few staples on hand for a better life, like Claritin® to combat my seasonal allergies, Aleve® to help relieve minor aches and pains and One A Day® Women’s VitaCraves for nutritional support. Below, I’m sharing three ways I aim to support my health all season long—both at home and when traveling over the holidays.
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Let’s face it, the holiday season is probably the hardest time of year to follow a healthy diet. There are so many events to attend and yummy treats to be sampled; it’s no wonder it can be a struggle. It took me a long time to learn what living a balanced life was like. I used to be an all or nothing type when it came to my diet. At some point over the past 5 years, it just clicked. If I follow a healthy diet most of the time, I don’t allow myself to feel guilty when I indulge in a treat once in a while. For my health, I usually follow the 80/20 rule: 80 percent of the time, I eat very clean but I treat myself the other 20 percent of the time. Believe it or not, some days I eat perfectly the entire day. Other days, I’ll have a glass (or two) of wine with dinner, maybe some dark chocolate after dinner, or French fries if we go out to eat. If you can get past the all-or-nothing mentality and avoid depriving yourself of things you crave, you can definitely learn to enjoy those things in moderation and not feel guilty!
Also, taking a daily multivitamin like One A Day® Women’s VitaCraves can help ensure you’re getting key nutrients you may need—even if your diet is occasionally missing a few key nutrients. I personally love that these One A Day vitamins support bone health with Vitamin D and Calcium and support immune health with Vitamins A, C, D, E and Zinc*—helping round out my daily diet with vitamins and minerals I may need to feel my best.
Squeeze In Some Exercise
For me, exercise is a part of my daily life—even if that means taking the girls out in the stroller for a walk around the neighborhood. I try to squeeze in barre classes 3-4 times a week, but just getting out of the house and breaking a sweat (pushing a double stroller really is a workout!) makes a world of difference. I’ll be honest, I find it harder to be motivated this time of year—especially when it’s cold out and all I want to do is snuggle up and watch holiday movies or bake treats with my daughters! But I also know how good I feel after a sweat session, so I make sure to fit it into my daily schedule. This is also helpful around the holidays to burn off any extra treats I’ve consumed! With that said, I sometimes feel achy from my workouts—which is why I always keep Aleve® on hand! Aleve is my go-to for relief from minor muscle aches and pains since two pills** provide relief that lasts all day†, which is perfect since I’m always on the go.
**Based on minimum labeled dosing.
†Each pill has the strength to last 12 hours
Get Enough Sleep
This is always a work in progress! With three young kids, sleep can be a little inconsistent. If it’s not the baby waking in the middle of the night, it’s one of my older girls needing a sip of water or telling us about the dream they just had. We can all relate to that, right?! I find that something as simple as a good night’s rest can make all the difference in how my day goes. With the busyness of the holidays, sleep is even more critical to help keep us going day in and day out.
I also find that my seasonal allergies get much worse this time of year, and sneezing and an itchy, runny nose can cause poor sleep for me. I’ve been a longtime fan of Claritin® to help keep these symptoms at bay. It provides relief of the allergy symptoms that can be caused by 200+ different airborne allergens, including pets, dust, and mold (all of which I’m allergic to!). I try to take a dose of Claritin daily in the fall and winter to help me feel my best.
Keeping our home and travel bags stocked with essentials like Aleve®, Alka-Seltzer Plus®, Claritin®, MiraLAX® and One A Day® vitamins is key to supporting a successful and happy holiday season, and it’s easy to find all of these products at my local Walmart. I know I can count on Walmart to have these in stock and easy to find in the pharmacy department. I also love using Walmart Grocery Pickup to save time and not have to bring three kids into the store to grab health necessities!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please be sure to follow package instructions for use.