Anyone else a fan of pancakes? We do pancakes pretty often around here – the occasional “brinner” and usually one day on the weekend. Since I try to stick to a Paleo/Whole30 lifestyle most of the time, I love experimenting with new recipes for paleo pancakes that my husband and the girls will like and that I don’t mind eating. I combined several recipes to come up with these delicious Apple Cinnamon Paleo Pancakes over the weekend and wanted to share because they turned out so well. Even if you don’t follow a paleo lifestyle, you should give these a try!
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Makes about 8
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural/unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (canned seems to work best, as it is thicker)
- 2 tbsp. agave nectar (if not strictly following Paleo) or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat 1 tbsp. coconut oil in saucepan and add chopped apples. Pour the agave/maple syrup, cinnamon and water over the apples and stir to coat. Allow to simmer until mixture thickens and apples are soft (about 10 minutes).
- While apples are cooking, combine eggs, applesauce, coconut milk, agave/maple syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl. I actually used my immersion blender to mix everything and it worked like a charm!
- Next, add coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon to liquid mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into small to medium size circles onto a greased (with coconut oil), preheated skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form and then carefully flip to the other side until browned.
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
As always, be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy recipes!
Leave a Reply