So an entire year has gone by since I last wrote a “thankful” post. This is perfect timing to write another – the day before Thanksgiving. Quite a bit has changed since last year, though, and at times I find it to be a struggle to be thankful for some things. I feel bad saying that, but I’m human and imperfect…which of course I know is not an excuse! I thought that if I wrote out what I was thankful for, maybe I would appreciate it all a little bit more!
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘https://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
- First and foremost, I’m so thankful for my husband. Last year around this time, I was impatiently waiting for him to propose! And now, here we are, a year later and happily married. In the ups and downs of everyday life, I wake up grateful, because I’m married to my best friend. If I’m having a bad day (too many of those days, lately), he can put a smile on my face. He would do anything for me, and I would absolutely do anything for him. I’m so blessed.
- I’m thankful for my family. Not only are they supportive, but they would do anything for me. When it came to wedding plans, my parents were so helpful with getting things done. They were so thoughtful when it came to planning the wedding, too – they even bought us dance lessons so we wouldn’t look silly at our wedding reception! 🙂
- I’m grateful that we were able to find our perfect “first home” – a cute condo in an awesome area. Many of the homes in Norfolk are older, and some aren’t modernized – meaning that they lack a dishwasher, washer/dryer, and other things we often take for granted. This condo just became available at the right time, and it was meant to be. Because our lease began on October 1st, we were able to go in and paint the entire condo before our wedding – which means that it was move-in ready when we returned from our honeymoon! I’ve been trying little by little to turn the house into a “home”, and it’s finally coming together. I can finally put some of those Pinterest ideas into action!
- While it’s completely at my expense, I’m grateful for Starbucks. It brightens my day just a little bit more, and coffee helps me survive the work day…every day.
- Like last year, I’m thankful that I can run. I’ve had off and on issues with my knee because of running, but for the most part, I’m able to run comfortably. I’m also grateful that I live close to my Hot Yoga studio now, so I can pop in for a class just about anytime that I want to!
- I’m so so thrilled and grateful that we were able to work with Amanda Hedgepeth Photography for our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding photos. They turned out so perfectly, and I am so happy that we have beautiful photos that captured our gorgeous day!
- I’m thankful for all of my friends (and family, too!). I’m so blessed to have had three awesome girls as bridesmaids at the wedding. It was so great to share the big day with them – we’ve all been friends for so long, and it was special having them all by my side as a new chapter began!
I’m really glad that I was able to focus on what I am thankful for, despite the fact that there are aspects of my life that I’m not so happy with right now. The bottom line is, I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am going to try and focus on only the positive things. There are a few things that I plan to change as we begin a new year, so I plan to put more time and energy into those things! In the meantime, I’ll be thankful for what I do have – because there’s a lot to be grateful for!