It’s been a while since I have done a ‘Favorite Things’ post, so I thought today would be a great time to do that! To say that life has been busy is quite an understatement, but even at its busiest, I still have more “free time” than I did last year (due to wedding planning)! Here are a few things that I’ve been enjoying so far this year:
- First of all, can we talk about Netflix? Since moving to Norfolk and having access to high-speed internet, we signed up for Netflix, which has become quite an addiction! I have never really watched much TV – I just don’t have the patience for it – but I’ve found a few shows that I will actually sit through and enjoy.
- How I Met Your Mother. All I can say is, how did I miss out on this show for so long? Out of every TV show I’ve ever loved, this one takes the cake. I must be crazy to actually admit this, but we’re on our third round of watching every episode of HIMYM.
- Mad Men. I’ve always heard good things about this show, and of course, I’ve seen it win multiple awards. I tend to rebel against shows that are “popular” so I never watched Mad Men in its heyday. Now that the craze has worn off a bit, I’m completely fine admitting that I watch it…and that I’ve enjoyed it. Although, it’s pretty sickening seeing how women were treated back in the ’60s!
- Desperate Housewives. This was the first (and only) show that I’ve ever watched religiously and never missed an episode! Now that the show has ended, after 8 long seasons, I realized that I’d forgotten a lot of the earlier episodes. I started watching a few episodes on Saturday mornings, and it’s safe to say, I’m already hooked on it again.
- It’s no secret that I’m addicted to Starbucks, and it’s safe to say that I’m still quite attached to my Starbucks coffee. I love a good nonfat Misto in the morning to get a good start to the day, but sometimes Pike Place is too strong. I’ve grown to enjoy the newest addition to the Starbucks family, Blonde Roast. It’s smooth and pairs well with nonfat steamed milk & sugar-free caramel flavor. Yum!
- Crock Pot dinners. It’s so nice to come home after work, and dinner is ready to go! I’ve been scoping out Pinterest for healthier slow cooker recipes, because even though I appreciate the convenience, I refuse to sacrifice my healthy diet.
- Hot Vinyasa. I’ve been addicted to yoga for years now, but I appreciate hot yoga & hot vinyasa classes more than ever during the cold winter! I’ve been incorporating one class per week into my fitness routine. It really complements all of the running that I do on other days of the week!
- Lemons…in everything. I have been on a serious lemon kick since January. I add lemon slices to my water, tea, and Diet Coke (shameful, I know…chemicals are bad!). The benefits of lemons are great, and they add plenty of flavor to your food & drinks!