So I’ve never actually participated in this little countdown before; however, I miss writing and needed something to inspire me to come up with a topic! For the past 2 or 3 Thanksgivings, I’ve written a ‘thankful’ post. The past few months have been pretty eventful, to say the least, and at times I’ve wondered how to feel thankful amongst challenging situations. However, I’ve tried to look at the big picture and gain some perspective…which made me realize there are still many reasons to be thankful every day. Here are my top 5:
1. Love – It’s a powerful thing; I’ve learned over the past few years just how valuable love is, both to be loved and to love someone. There have been many things that I’ve faced in my life, but never alone. My husband makes every day better and loves me even through all my quirks and offers to do things he doesn’t necessarily *like* to do…like running. FYI – he runs most days with me now…I’ve trained him well. 🙂
2. Family – My family is always there for me, and I feel so appreciative to have their support. It’s nice to know that I can go ‘home’ whenever I need to. When you’re younger, it’s hard to imagine what life will be like once you’re an adult, but now that I’m 24, I don’t feel like anything has changed. When I need someone to talk to, I call my mom. When I need a laugh, I talk to my dad. Luckily, Michael and I see them often, especially now that we live a little closer.
3. Home – I’m really grateful for our new home. Last year around this time, I was excited about making our little (rented) apartment a ‘home’, but truthfully something was always missing. It never really felt like home, so Michael and I are both so glad to finally have a home that’s really OURS. The fact that it’s brand new is just a plus, because it was a blank slate that we were able to personalize to fit us. It’s really nice to come home at the end of the day to a nice, comfortable home that we will create many memories in! Looking forward to our first Christmas in our new house…I may or may not have already decorated. 🙂
4. Work – I can’t say this enough, but I love my job. I still can’t believe I get paid to do what I love every day. I’ve always wondered what that felt like – and I can finally say it’s such a great feeling to come to work everyday and just enjoy being there. It helps to have awesome co-workers and a fabulous work environment, too! If you had asked me a year ago if I’d be this happy with my professional life, I would have probably laughed. A lot has happened in a year, and I feel blessed every day to finally have made a career for myself instead of just going to work at a job I hated every day.
5. Friends – I don’t see my friends often enough, but I appreciate our friendships nonetheless. Both of my best friends are not close by, but it’s nice to pick up where we left off whenever we talk. I’ve received a lot of great advice and support lately from some awesome ladies, and it has reaffirmed why we were such good friends! We’re always there for each other, in the good times and not-so-good times…that’s the sign of true friendship.
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘https://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);