You may have seen some holiday baking action if you follow me on Instagram, and now we have lots of yummy desserts (that we don’t need!) in our house. It’s tradition to have a cookie baking day every year during the holidays, but it has evolved slightly between having kids and moving away from family. I used to spend literally all day in the kitchen baking and made dozens and dozens of cookies, but this year was probably the smallest baking day – I only spent 4 or so hours and instead of triple batches of cookies, I made only one (except for chocolate chip – that one always warrants a double batch, at least!).
I changed up a few of my recipes this year and wanted to share the full list of cookies that I made, in case you were looking for a little baking inspiration!
- Chocolate Chip (the Ghiradelli recipe with a secret ingredient!)
- White Chocolate Cranberry
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Cutout Sugar Cookies (this is mainly for the girls to enjoy – not a huge fan of actually eating sugar cookies…anyone else?)
- Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread (these are a hit – so glad I added them to the list this year!)
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Ritz
What kind of treats are you baking this holiday season? Tell me in the comments below!