This post is sponsored by Dannon® Oikos® Traditional Greek Yogurt but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
We’ve been enjoying some hot summer days at the beach but with three straight days of rain last week, what else is there to do but bake up something delicious?!
I happen to have two little girls who love sweets, but I like to keep it semi-healthy around here, so whenever I can incorporate extra protein and better-for-you ingredients, I try to sneak them in! Greek yogurt is one of my all-time favorite ingredients because of how versatile it is – and it works especially well in baked goods…not to mention it packs a serious punch of protein.
I recently grabbed a few Dannon® Oikos® Lemon Meringue Greek Yogurt cups during a Walmart grocery trip and it inspired me to come up with a healthy cheesecake bar recipe. Now, if you’ve been following me for a while, you know I stopped eating dairy – but fortunately, I had a few taste testers who were more than willing to give this yummy cheesecake a try since we’re visiting family at the beach…and they all gave a glowing review! Okay, I may have taken one teeny bite just to make sure it really was good and let me tell you, it’s the perfect summer dessert – light and refreshing!
Earn $.25 back on Oikos Greek Yogurt Singles with Ibotta
Earn .$75 back on Oikos Greek Yogurt 4-Packs with Ibotta
Lemon Meringue Greek Yogurt Healthy Cheesecake Bars | Gluten-Free
- 1/4 cup melted, cooled coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (or five 5.3 oz containers) Oikos Traditional Lemon Meringue Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 2 eggs
- A heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8x8 or 8x10 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Start with the crust: In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients and give it a stir. Then, add in liquid ingredients and mix well until a dough forms. Press the dough evenly into your prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling: Pour Greek yogurt, sugar, and cornstarch in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add in eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of your baked crust and spread evenly. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until cheesecake is just set. It may not be completely firm at this point, but it will once cooled and refrigerated.
- Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack for 1-2 hours, then place in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, carefully remove the bars from the pan and slice into 12 bars. Top with fresh berries and serve!
The Greek yogurt replaces cream cheese, which adds an extra 4 grams of protein per serving and cuts the fat by a whopping 16 grams of fat per serving (if you used full-fat cream cheese) – meaning you can have your healthy cheesecake bars and eat them too without all the guilt!
These healthy cheesecake bars are super easy to prepare and would be perfect to take to a summer gathering or a Labor Day party with friends and family.
If you’ve been here before, you probably know I talk about Ibotta all the time and I use it every time I grocery shop to earn cash back on all of my purchases. Right now, you can use this Ibotta offer to earn cash back on your Oikos Traditional Greek Yogurt purchase! Whether you prefer to have your Greek yogurt for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack or if you like to use it as a healthy substitute in recipes (like these healthy cheesecake bars), snag this offer while you can to add some $$$ back in your pocket!
Jennifer Carroll says
My kids love greek yogurt and cheesecake! I love that this recipe is gluten free. Thanks for sharing.
You’re so welcome! I hope you’ll try it and let me know what you think! 🙂
Looks amazing! I put it on my to-do list for today! 🙂
Hope you enjoy!