I just realized I haven’t posted any updates about Tone It Up lately…oops! I’m still loving it, and I’ve definitely felt healthier and more energetic since following the TIU plan. I have to admit that I haven’t necessarily followed the plan 100%, but that’s okay with me, because it’s all about moderation! And its not like I eat “unhealthy” anyways – but for example, I may have a starch for dinner from time to time even though TIU calls for no starches after 3pm, etc. Obviously, nothing that ruins the plan. ha.
- Breakfast: Protein pancake + Bombshell Spell – still loving this combo. You can’t beat 32 grams of protein in ONE meal!
- Snack #1: Nonfat greek yogurt + a piece of fruit OR a ThinkThin/Luna/Larabar
- Lunch: Salad – kale, mushrooms, cucumbers, lean protein (tofu/99% lean ground turkey/albacore tuna), hummus, balsamic vinagar + an orange
- Snack #2: Veggies + hummus
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken + roasted broccoli
- Occasional evening snack: Nonfat greek yogurt + frozen blueberries
Since I track my meals with MyFitnessPal (love the convenient iPhone app!), I see how many calories and nutrients I’m consuming every day. The biggest impact that TIU has had on my diet is the amount of protein I’m consuming now. I love it! I’m consuming anywhere from 75-110 grams of protein each day, which is a LOT more than before TIU.
|Protein pancake + Bombshell Spell|
|Egg White Scramble|
|Another protein pancake|