I know I recently said that I haven’t been so creative with dinner ideas, but I was making a meal plan for the week (by going through my Pinterest boards…as usual) and I realized how many recipes I’ve tried! I thought I’d share some of the good ones, along with my healthier substitutions…
- Instead of regular half & half, I used fat free.
- I used low-sodium, 99% fat free chicken broth instead of chicken stock.
- Use 2% cheddar cheese instead of regular cheddar.
Shrimp Stir Fry with Fried Rice – I loosely followed this recipe, because in my opinion, it’s hard to mess up stir fry! I used to eat stir fry at least once a week in college. It was super easy to cook up some veggies and chicken for dinner!
- Instead of szechuan sauce, I used Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce.
- I added red pepper flakes.
- I didn’t use as much oil, just enough to lighly coat the pan.
- For the fried rice: I cook brown rice and mixed veggies, then add one egg and a little bit of low-sodium soy sauce, and then stir while cooking the egg completely.