Pregnancy Week By Week
- Due Date: August 7, 2019
- Baby is the size of a: Papaya (at 36 weeks)
- Total weight gain: Around 22 lbs
- The bump: Uncomfortably large at this point
- Symptoms: Exhaustion, backaches, still having off and on nausea
- Food cravings: Nothing really! I just feel like there’s no room for food.
- Food aversions: None
- Sleep: Pretty good lately, but if I wake up at 5-6am, I struggle to fall back asleep!
- What I miss: Not being achy all the time 🙂
- Movement: All day long
- Maternity clothes: Basically dresses or workout clothes
- What I’m most looking forward to: Meeting baby #3!
- Apps I’ve used: The Bump, Ovia Pregnancy
- Products I’ve been loving: Diclegis, Zantac, Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter, Snoogle pillow
- Books: None
- Purchases for baby: Finally picked up some essentials – diapers, wipes, shampoo, etc. I snagged a Halo Bassinet on sale during Prime Day and just about everything else we needed, too – which honestly wasn’t much!
This post contains affiliate links
What’s Happening By the Week
Week 33 – We got home from the beach this week and snapped back into reality with home repairs and packing! We also lost electricity from a storm one night this week and it was brutally hot at home, so we spent the next day looking for apartments since we needed a place to move after our house sold. We officially chose a place at the end of the week, so I was relieved to have that over with!
Week 34 – This week was crunch time for final home repairs and packing up everything, since closing day was at the end of the week. It was a serious struggle for me at 34 weeks, but we made it happen. Also, at my doctor appointment, found out I could potentially be induced at the end of July – we’ll see! We moved into our new apartment and finally got mostly settled in this week. I’ve come to terms with the fact I don’t have a designated nursery to decorate at this point, but just reminding myself that I will in a few months when we buy our next house.
Week 35 – Trying to enjoy our new normal and soaking up all the pool days and playdates before baby arrives! We also had our maternity photos taken this week on a hot and humid night (typical for Memphis), and they turned out beautifully! We ran some errands and had hot dogs and hamburgers to celebrate the 4th since we weren’t able to be with family this time.
Week 36 – I signed the girls up for swim lessons finally, so we spent lots of time at the pool this week. More fun playdates at the splash pad and storytime at the library – trying to keep cool with all of the hot weather! We went to a sibling class at the hospital and it was so sweet letting the girls practice changing diapers and seeing real babies in the nursery! We also finally bought our new car this weekend since the baby could technically arrive anytime – I found out I’m 1cm dilated and officially eligible for induction if we make that far (though I’m sure I will because I’ve never gone into labor on my own!).