- Due Date: August 13, 2019
- Baby is the size of a: Plum (at 12 weeks)
- Total weight gain: lbs
- The bump: It popped as soon as week 10 hit! There’s no hiding it so I’ve been wearing looser tops until we’re ready to share the news 🙂
- Symptoms: All-day nausea, tiredness, dry heaving (the worst thing ever)
- Food cravings: Lemon water, lemon Italian ice, barbecue chips (I have no idea!)
- Food aversions: Anything sweet, plain water (I’ve had to get creative – hot lemon water, unsweet tea, crushed ice, etc.)
- Sleep: Good, but I had to break out the Snoogle pillow already!
- What I miss: Not feeling sick and not having a constant bad taste in my mouth (the weirdest pregnancy symptom)
- Movement: Not yet
- Maternity clothes: No, but I have had to use a hair tie around the button of my jeans because I can’t stand anything snug against my belly while I’m nauseous
- What I’m most looking forward to: I feel like I’m turning a corner, but I’m looking forward to fully saying goodbye to the constant state of nausea!
- Apps I’ve used: The Bump, Ovia Pregnancy
- Products I’ve been loving: Diclegis, Zantac
- Books: None
- Purchases for baby: None
What’s Happening: Pregnancy Week By Week
Week 10 – I noticed I’m feeling slightly better throughout the day (finally!) and I’ve been up and about more getting things done around the house. I still feel the worst at night after dinner usually – so much for ‘morning’ sickness, right?! But really, this week’s victory was that I feel like I’m turning the corner and hopefully the pesky nausea will be gone soon!
Week 11 – Definitely noticed an improvement in how I’m feeling – not as nauseous around the clock and haven’t had to take a mid-day dose of anti-nausea medicine. Still exhausted 🙂 I was able to get up and do more around the house this week, which made me feel so much better…I can’t stand a messy house. My belly is officially popping and I can’t hide it if I’m wearing fitted tops. It happens earlier every time! I’ve been wanting to spill the beans to close friends, but I’m holding out for my next doctor’s appointment – I’ll officially be in the 2nd trimester then.
Week 12 – I had my monthly doctor visit this week and baby’s heart rate was 158bpm. We also scheduled my next appointment for early March for the anatomy/gender ultrasound! At the end of Week 12, we made the long road trip back to visit family for the week. My husband’s grandmother passed away, so we went back to be with his family and stayed the week with my parents at the beach. Traveling while pregnant and nauseous went better than I expected…it was just a bit harder to prep food for the trip because I didn’t know what I would feel like eating in the car.
Stay tuned for my next pregnancy week by week update – reviewing what happened during Weeks 13-16! Read about Weeks 5-9 here.
Leave a Reply