Finally fully caught up to speed with these pregnancy recap updates – I’m just now entering Week 17 and we find out baby’s gender this week!
- Due Date: August 13, 2019
- Baby is the size of a: Avocado (at 16 weeks)
- Total weight gain: 3 lbs
- The bump: Can’t hide it with workout clothes, but if I wear looser fitting tops, you can’t tell!
- Symptoms: Exhaustion, round ligament pain
- Food cravings: Lemon water, cooked spinach, avocado, salty foods
- Food aversions: Sweets, plain water
- Sleep: Really good
- What I miss: Not being so tired
- Movement: I feel like I’ve noticed a few flutters
- Maternity clothes: Just the hair tie around my jeans button trick
- What I’m most looking forward to: Hopefully coming out of the state of constant exhaustion for a little bit 🙂
- Apps I’ve used: The Bump, Ovia Pregnancy
- Products I’ve been loving: Diclegis, Zantac, Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
- Books: None
- Purchases for baby: None
What’s Happening By the Week
Week 13 – We spent the week at the beach with my family and it was nice having a bit of a ‘break’ taking care of two kids 24/7! I got to relax a little more than usual and sleep later, too. Most of the week was beautiful, so we spent lots of time outside and enjoying the beach. I did not eat quite as healthy as usual this week and could tell – I felt a little more sluggish and needed a lot more Zantac to keep indigestion away. Also, this was the week we decided to announce we were pregnant with baby #3!
Week 14 – This week hit me like a ton of bricks because I went from not having to change a single diaper the previous week to all the diaper changes, chasing after kids and getting back to real life. It was also a busy week since we had a birthday party to attend and it was Valentine’s week. Somehow, I got through the week in one piece. 🙂
Week 15 – Feeling lots better on the nausea front this week, but still have random bouts of dry heaving (so gross!). I’ve been super exhausted, which I was hoping would get better this trimester but we’ll see. Nighttime is still when I feel the worst, but it’s been life-changing to get through the day actually getting things done, running errands, etc. without feeling like I need to lay down 24/7!
Week 16 – I’ve felt better this week than my entire pregnancy thus far, so I will call that a win. I’ve been able to do more around the house and I feel almost 100% during my workouts, too. I also have to mention that I was able to drink coffee again – yay! I did start to notice some round ligament pain, but I had that with both of my girls, too. We got a new bed this week and I’ve been sleeping so amazingly well. Also, I’m pretty sure I felt some butterflies/movement the past few days!
Stay tuned for my next pregnancy week by week update – I’ll be talking about Weeks 17-20! Read about Weeks 10-12 here.