- Due Date: August 7, 2019 (Updated after the anatomy ultrasound)
- Baby is the size of a: Banana (at 20 weeks)
- Total weight gain: 6 lbs
- The bump: Impossible to hide if I’m wearing anything semi-fitted!
- Symptoms: Tiredness, round ligament discomfort
- Food cravings: Salads, salty foods
- Food aversions: None
- Sleep: Good
- What I miss: Working out without getting overly tired
- Movement: Yes pretty often throughout the day!
- Maternity clothes: Still using the hair tie trick around my jeans button, but I ordered some maternity clothes while Old Navy had a 40% off sale!
- What I’m most looking forward to: Warm weather – the cold has not been fun being pregnant and nauseous
- Apps I’ve used: The Bump, Ovia Pregnancy
- Products I’ve been loving: Diclegis, Zantac, Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
- Books: None
- Purchases for baby: No purchases, but I was gifted some fun new things for baby that I’ll share soon!
What’s Happening By the Week
Week 17 – Felt so much better overall, but forgot to take a dose of nausea medicine (Diclegis) before bed one night and paid for it the next day! Guess I do still need it, after all. Luckily, I’ve had more energy and have been able to do more things around the house and get out with the girls more without worrying about feeling bad.
Week 18 – We had our anatomy scan this week – all is well, baby is healthy and we’re having our third GIRL! I thought it could be possible based on how similar my symptoms were to my last pregnancy, but I’ve never really had a true ‘intuition’ of baby’s gender during any of my pregnancies. Needless to say, we’re all excited and that also means little to no changes needed to the baby’s nursery!
Week 19 – Started to feel a lot more movement this week! My girls had a cold last week and passed it along to me, so I was overly tired and also basically lost my voice for a few days this week – so that was fun. #momlife Despite that, I did 7 straight days of Pure Barre which was definitely a challenge! Starting to notice more round ligament discomfort and more pressure in my hips after a hard workout but still feeling strong overall.
Week 20 – I think I’ve hit the point where it’s obvious there’s a baby in there – tight clothes or empire waist tops just enhance the belly! I really do feel so much better but still deal with annoying nausea from time to time – however, I really can’t complain since overall I’m able to do so much more than during the first trimester. Officially at the halfway point, which means time is flying and if you saw my Instastories, we’re now on the lookout for a bigger SUV to fit 3 kids!
Leave a Reply