I think we’ve already established that this household is obsessed with #allthepumpkin, so it’s probably not surprising that I have yet another pumpkin recipe to share 🙂
My girls have been loving these healthier after-dinner desserts and I’m personally loving the fact that they don’t mind eating Paleo/Whole30-friendly food. They actually ‘helped’ me make these last week – read on for the recipe!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins | Paleo-Friendly – Adapted from A Saucy Kitchen
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic agave syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 3-4 oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line your muffin tin.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl, then add in the next 4 ingredients (liquids) and mix until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients (with the exception of chocolate chips) in a small bowl, then add to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 oz of chocolate chips directly to the batter and mix together.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Pour the last 1-2 oz of chocolate chips into a bowl and microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of each muffin and use a toothpick or knife to swirl.
- Pop the muffins into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
- Cool on a wire rack – and then enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest for more pumpkin recipes, Paleo/Whole30 dinner ideas and more!