We always do a traditional advent calendar (linked ours here – it’s so cute!), but I wanted to do a little extra something to make the holidays fun, especially since Blair is really into Christmas this year. I spent probably way too long researching ideas and came up with a list of activities to do and make, one for each day leading up to Christmas.
This post contains affiliate links
It’s not too late to incorporate some of these ideas into your holiday plans, if you’re looking for some inspiration – here’s what we’ll be doing in December:
- Make Paper Snowflakes – You can find some neat patterns here.
- Build a Gingerbread House
- Make Cinnamon Ornaments – Since we get a real tree for the dining room (in addition to our big tree in the living room), we tend to stick to simple tree decor on this second tree, including these easy ornaments. Recipe here.
- Christmas Sensory Bin
- Puffy Paint Snowman
- Make a Felt Christmas Tree – Not the crafty type? You can also buy one from Amazon here.
- Make Teacher Gifts – Blair only has 2-3 teachers we need to get gifts for, and we’re going to make something like this.
- Host a Cookie Exchange + Playdate
- Visit Alpine Village – This is a local event in Memphis, but most cities have holiday events going on during the month, so see what’s happening near you!
- Make Gingerbread Man Pancakes
- Visit Snowy Nights – This is a local holiday light display, but I bet your town has one, too!
- Write a Letter to Santa
- Make a Paper Plate Christmas Tree
- Build a Snow Globe
- Bake Sugar + Gingerbread Cutout Cookies
- Christmas Cookie Baking Day + Decorate Cookies – Ever since I can remember, we’ve done a full day of holiday baking and we share the treats with family + friends!
- Have a Family Christmas Movie Night
- Make Christmas Cards for Family
- Make Snow Dough
- Lightbulb Finger Painting – I thought this was a really cute idea!
- Make Christmas Slime
- Neighborhood Walk to Look at Christmas Lights – We have quite a few people in our neighborhood who have lights up, so it’ll be fun to take an evening stroll to check it out!
- Make Christmas Tree Waffles
- Make Santa Pancakes
- Christmas Day
Do you have any holiday traditions that you do during the month of December? I’d love to hear them!