It’s been a while since I’ve done a grocery haul on the blog or Instagram Stories, so I thought I’d change it up a bit and share what’s on my weekly grocery list. These are things I keep stocked in our fridge and pantry at all times, pretty much no matter what our meal plan is for the week (which I’ve been really bad at planning the past month or so…yikes!). I’m more of a minimalist when it comes to groceries, but there are certain things we use often enough that I can justify keeping them on hand and even replacing them before we run out!
Weekly Grocery List Must-Haves
- Ground turkey sausage – We usually cook this for breakfast on the weekends
- Lean ground turkey
- Chicken breasts
- Eggs – We go through lots of eggs…hard-boiled, scrambled, in pancakes, etc.
- Turkey pepperoni – For homemade pizzas
“Dairy”/Dairy Substitutes Refrigerated Items
- Almond milk
- Silk almond milk creamer
- Daiya non-dairy cheese – I use this for things like tacos, pizza, enchiladas, etc.
- Pepperjack cheese – The girls eat quesadillas often and this is the only cheese they like in them
- Monterey jack cheese
- String cheese
- Greek yogurt – My husband eats this for breakfast on weekdays, so we keep it stocked
- Earth Balance non-dairy butter
- Spinach – I use spinach with everything for a little extra boost of greens
- Sweet potatoes
- Wheat bread
- Annie’s Mac & Cheese – A go-to for quick lunches and dinners for the girls…it’s one of the few things they both like
- Oats – I do a lot of protein oatmeal for breakfast and sometimes for a quick dinner!
- Almond flour – For any baked goods or pancakes/waffles
- Tortilla chips
- Plantain chips
- Black beans – For quesadillas or tacos
- Tomato sauce – For homemade pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Chicken broth
- Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips – Guilty pleasure for a chocolate craving
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter – We go through tons of this every week since it’s one of the only things the girls like to eat
- Almond butter
- Protein powder – For protein pancakes, oatmeal, baked goods, smoothies, etc.
- Coconut flour
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Dried cranberries – For oatmeal or cereal
- Starbucks espresso roast coffee
- La Croix
- Green beans
- Mixed vegetables
- Waffles – The girls’ current favorite breakfast
- Cauliflower gnocchi
- Carrot spirals or zoodles – When we have spaghetti, I use veggie noodles for mine!
I usually get most of my produce from Trader Joe’s or Sprouts, because I can count on the quality. For the rest, it’s a combination of Walmart Grocery Pickup and Target – I love the convenience of grocery pickup but they aren’t the greatest at picking fresh produce so I stick to pantry staples, protein and frozen foods from those two. Even though we make multiple stops for groceries, using grocery pickup is still so valuable and saves us so much time – which I know we’ll definitely appreciate when baby #3 arrives! Also, this is essentially the same grocery list I’d use if I was following the Faster Way to Fat Loss program (which I plan to hop back into post-baby) – minus the not-as-healthy kids’ food, of course!